Helping You Find Real Answers with Online Hypnosis
In this day and age of technological advances, the possibilities of what can be achieved online are literally endless.
This trend has grown worldwide, and with good reason – it’s fast, it’s effective and it’s time saving. Recently hypnosis has very successfully joined the trend in the form of online hypnosis sessions. Hypnotists worldwide are offering this service and the results are excellent – making for a growing trend of offering online sessions to clients far and wide.
The beauty of this is that clients are no longer confined to hypnotists in their area – clients now have the ability to choose a hypnotist of their choice … even if that hypnotist lives in a completely different city – or even a different country!
How does it work, and what kinds of things can we put into place to make for a better Online Hypnosis session?
The following questions and answers may help to understand the process a little better ..
How does Online Hypnosis work?
To answer this we need to briefly look into how hypnosis works. Many people either do not know what hypnosis really is, or have biased views from having witnessed hypnosis shows, or movies with hypnosis themes. Many movie themes exaggerate hypnosis for shock value and entertainment, and must not be confused with the truth about hypnosis.
The first and most important fact is that that hypnosis is not an unconscious state. When hypnotized you are not “asleep” or “unconscious”. In fact, being in hypnosis is merely a deeply relaxed state of mind – much like a relaxed ‘daydream’ state of mind – the kind of feeling you get when you relax in the garden on a beautiful day, or relax on the beach on holiday. In fact, scientists have measured the brain wavelengths of someone who is in hypnosis, vs daydreaming vs meditation – and they are identical. What hypnosis is, is a deeply relaxed state of mind where you can communicate with the subconscious mind, and we are all communicating with our subconscious mind every day. In fact, every time you lose track of time, you are connecting to your subconscious mind – and every time you are connected to your subconscious mind, you are in a natural and light hypnotic state.
The truth is, that we are all going in and out of hypnosis quite naturally, every singe day. Every time you read a book, or watch a movie or series – where hours can pass, you are actually in hypnosis. Artists go into hypnosis when they paint, cooks go into hypnosis when they prepare a delicious meal, musicians go into hypnosis when performing … We are literally all going in and out of hypnosis as we ‘zone out’ or find ourselves ‘in the flow’ – in fact every single time we lose track of time, we are in a natural hypnotic state. Therefore, hypnosis is not some ‘woo woo’ strange or weird feeling – it is just a wonderfully deeply relaxed state. You can even talk in hypnosis – much the same way you can talk while reading a book, or watching a move or lying relaxing on the beach!
Deep relaxation, or hypnosis, is, simply put, a doorway to the vast resources of your own powerful subconscious mind – helping you to bring about the kind of changes you would like to see in your life – in a gentle, safe and profound way.
Being in hypnosis is a relaxed and wonderful feeling. Many of my clients, once they have experienced the benefits of hypnosis tell me that it is their “favorite time of the week” or “me time” where they can just let go and experience total relaxation – they find that the benefits are ‘wonderful’ – on many levels.
How happens in a session?
It’s literally a live hypnosis session – we will talk and discuss your goals, just as we would if we were in the same room. In the first session, I give you a full explanation of how the mind works, what hypnosis is, how it works and why it works. At this time you can also ask any questions which you might have about the process. When you are completely ready, we start with the wonderful relaxation process of hypnosis.
You can read more about hypnosis on my FAQ page here: https://johannesburghypnosis.co.za/hypnosis-faq/
How do I prepare for my online session?
- The most important thing is for you to be comfortable, in a safe quiet space, and to ensure that the are no household or telephone sounds or disturbances – no dogs jumping on your lap, no children needing attention, no cell phone beeps, nor ringing etc.
- Choose which interactive platform you would like to use: Skype, WhatApp video calling, Zoom or many others that are available.
Some pointers for a successful online hypnosis session:
- Make sure you have a comfortable chair with armrests – an armchair is perfect, but even a ‘camp-chair’ with armrests will do. You can also choose to prop yourself in a sitting position on your bed, with some comfy cushions for support.
- Put your phone on silent, and let everyone in the house know that you are not available for the duration of the session so that you will not be disturbed.
- Arrange for your children to be supervised by someone capable of handling their needs.
- Ensure all animals are quiet and secured (you don’t want your favorite dog jumping onto your lap in the middle of a session)
Advantages of Online Hypnosis:
- You will be taught self hypnosis – a wonderful tool you can then use for your own benefit at any time
- Having a session in the comfort and safety of your own home or garden
- No need to battle through traffic to get to a consulting room
- No need to take time off work – after hours sessions available
- Time and energy saving – just switch on your computer and log on
Studies have shown that your subconscious mind is 30 000 times more powerful than your conscious mind. Hypnosis is a wonderful way to tap into this powerhouse to bring about the changes you want to see in your life.